BACK TO BBNovaRacing HOME PAGE

BBNovaRacing.com

Because old school is so cool
It is currently Oct Thu 08, 2026 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: OKAY IM BUMMING
PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 12:50 pm 
Offline
V8 1stage NOS
V8 1stage NOS
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 08, 2004 11:53 am
Posts: 1718
Location: TROY, MICHIGAN
I JUST GOT MY EDM MECH. LIFTER FOR MY FLAT TAPPET CAM, I TOOK THEM OUT TO CHECK THEM OUT(NOW YOUR WONDERING WHY CAUSE THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME.... YOUR RIGHT)

I ORDERED A SET OF EDM OILING MECH. LIFTERS AND ON THE LOBE SURFACE THERE IS A BURR ON EVERYONE OF THEM

SO I CALL THE GUY I BOUGHT THEM FROM AND HE TELLS ME, PHIL THATS NO BIG DEAL WE GET THAT ALL THE TIME, JUST TAKE SOME 600 GRIT SAND PAPER AND SOME WD-40 AND SAND THEM IN THE CIRCLE MOTION

i SAID WAIT A MINUTE, I PURCHASE A SET OF EDM'D MECH. LIFTERS AND I GET A SET THAT SOMEONE DRILLED A HOLE THROUGH EACH PART AND YOUR REPLY TO ME IS FIXEM YOURSELF AFTER I WAITED 1.5 MONTHS OF RA SET OF SOLID LIFTERS.

THE WORST PART IS HE A FRIEND, AND NO DOGG I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU WHO HE IS CAUSE YOU KNOW WHO HE IS.

HELP ME OUT HERE GUYS, DO YOU AGREE WITH HIS DIRECTION TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM.

Image
Image
Image

_________________
JPR Racing
http://jprmotorsports.blogspot.com
1972 Nova
460 C.I. 10.83 NA @ 122.98
1/8 Mile 6.841@ 100.65


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 12:55 pm 
Offline
Nitrous injected big block Nova
Nitrous injected big block Nova
User avatar

Joined: Aug Wed 18, 2004 12:42 pm
Posts: 7773
Location: State of Confusion
I understand what your saying, but I'd fix it myself at this point, but I don't blame you for being concerned.

_________________
.


Dogg
http://www.stevemorrisengines.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 1:01 pm 
Offline
Web Site Sponsor
Web Site Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sep Wed 01, 2004 12:17 pm
Posts: 8586
Location: VIENNA,OHIO
underdog wrote:
I understand what your saying, but I'd fix it myself at this point, but I don't blame you for being concerned.


Same here. I understand completely. But I can't begin to tell you how many parts that are supposed to be bolt-ons I've had to redo, rework, or completely reengineer to work :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 1:04 pm 
Offline
V8 1stage NOS
V8 1stage NOS
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 08, 2004 11:53 am
Posts: 1718
Location: TROY, MICHIGAN
OKAY, SO DO YOU GUYS AGREE WITH HIS METHODOLOGY TO FIX MY PROBLEM

_________________
JPR Racing
http://jprmotorsports.blogspot.com
1972 Nova
460 C.I. 10.83 NA @ 122.98
1/8 Mile 6.841@ 100.65


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 1:14 pm 
Offline
Old Skool
Old Skool
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 2004 12:29 pm
Posts: 20455
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
So the hole ws drilled from the top side and left some material on the flat side???


If so, I would just do what he said... I would also be sure you dont push any of the material in the hole. maybe poke through it to make sure the passage is clear...

_________________
Kevin Parent


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 1:18 pm 
Offline
V8 1stage NOS
V8 1stage NOS
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 08, 2004 11:53 am
Posts: 1718
Location: TROY, MICHIGAN
bbnova wrote:
So the hole ws drilled from the top side and left some material on the flat side???


If so, I would just do what he said... I would also be sure you dont push any of the material in the hole. maybe poke through it to make sure the passage is clear...


i GUESS i SHOULD TAKE THEM APART TO DO IT TO MAKE SURE EVERY HOLE IS CLEAR :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

_________________
JPR Racing
http://jprmotorsports.blogspot.com
1972 Nova
460 C.I. 10.83 NA @ 122.98
1/8 Mile 6.841@ 100.65


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 1:29 pm 
Offline
Web Site Sponsor
Web Site Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Sep Wed 01, 2004 12:17 pm
Posts: 8586
Location: VIENNA,OHIO
That would probably be a good idea :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 1:31 pm 
Offline
V8 1stage NOS
V8 1stage NOS
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 08, 2004 11:53 am
Posts: 1718
Location: TROY, MICHIGAN
tHANKS GUYS, SORRY TO VENT, BUT I WAS TORQUED WHEN I OPENED THEM.

_________________
JPR Racing
http://jprmotorsports.blogspot.com
1972 Nova
460 C.I. 10.83 NA @ 122.98
1/8 Mile 6.841@ 100.65


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 1:42 pm 
Offline
Old Skool
Old Skool
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 2004 12:29 pm
Posts: 20455
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
You had every right to be Phil.... :twisted:

_________________
Kevin Parent


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 1:48 pm 
Offline
V8 1stage NOS
V8 1stage NOS
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 08, 2004 11:53 am
Posts: 1718
Location: TROY, MICHIGAN
bbnova wrote:
You had every right to be Phil.... :twisted:


Thanks my friends!!

Kevin, you guys drive safe, have a good time, and the 3 of you come home winner's.

_________________
JPR Racing
http://jprmotorsports.blogspot.com
1972 Nova
460 C.I. 10.83 NA @ 122.98
1/8 Mile 6.841@ 100.65


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Apr Thu 20, 2006 1:52 pm 
Offline
Old Skool
Old Skool
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 2004 12:29 pm
Posts: 20455
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Lots of rain in that forcast....


The NSCA needs to add a "R" to their acronym..... :twisted:

_________________
Kevin Parent


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 72 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group